HOPE for Bereaved counts on the commitment of more than 400 volunteers, who assist with our free core services, fundraising events and more. Your gifts of time and talent are essential to our mission to provide support, resources and hope to any grieving child, teen or adult.
Each year more than 12,000 hours of services are donated to HOPE with an estimated value of $150,000.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Weekly help at the Butterfly Garden of HOPE located on Onondaga Lake Parkway (weeding, picking spent flowers, trimming, mowing, watering)
- Join the Celebration of HOPE committee (our largest fundraising dinner and silent auction)
- Work at our annual Remembrance Run/Walk event at Long Branch Park in Liverpool
- Work at the Tournament of HOPE golfing event
- Assist in the office (answering phones, clerical help, collate mailings, lawn/garden maintenance, vacuum/dusting, IT assistance, etc.)
- Wrap gifts at Destiny USA’s Wrapsody during the holidays
- Host a fundraiser for HOPE (see fundraising guidelines)
- Donate in-kind goods and services
- Spread the word to businesses, service clubs and places of worship about HOPE for Bereaved’s services.
If you would like to volunteer for HOPE for Bereaved, please call 315-475-9675. Call Now
WEEKLY STAFF VOLUNTEERS are Margi Doran, Darlene Avery Fritz, Kathy Menard, Kathy Spencer,