Volunteers are essential to HOPE. Each year over 12,000 hours of services have been donated to HOPE with an estimated value of $150,000. Over 400 volunters enable HOPE to reach out to the grieving children and adults through their efforts of direct service to the bereaved, or their efforts to raise funds that enable HOPE to provide our care services at no charge.
* Weekly help at the Butterfly Garden of HOPE located on Onondaga Lake Parkway (weed, pick spent flowers, trim, mow, water)
* Join the Celebration of HOPE committee (HOPE’s largest fund-raising dinner & silent auction)
* Work at the Herman Edge Syracuse Police Golf Tournament to benefit HOPE
* Assist in HOPE’s office; answer phones, clerical help, collate mailings, lawn/garden maintenance, vacuum/dust , I.T. help etc.
* Wrap gifts at Carousel Mall during the holidays.
* Participate in HOPE’s annual Phonathon in February/March
* Hold a fund-raiser for HOPE
* Donate in-kind goods and services
* Spread the word to businesses, service clubs, places of worship about HOPE’s services.
If you would like to volunteer for HOPE, please call 315-475-9675.
Weekly staff volunteers are Eunice Brown, Pat Fatti, Judy Sugar Giordano, Jean Lawson, Patty Saunders, Dave Schoeneck and interns from Le Moyne College and Syracuse University.