HOPE does not receive annual funding from the government or any source. We must raise all of the funds needed through special events, individual contributions, grants and book/brick/bench sales. Your donation is greatly appreciated. HOPE does not charge the bereaved for its core services.
If you would like to make a monetary donation to HOPE you may use PayPal. No PayPal account is required for you to use this safe and secure method.
You may also send a check made payable to HOPE FOR BEREAVED, Inc. 4500 Onondaga Blvd., Syracuse, New York 13219. HOPE also accepts VISA, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. Your contribution is tax-deductible.
There are also Memorial Opportunities
1. LEAVE A LEGACY
Consider leaving a gift to HOPE in memory of your loved one. A large gift will make a significant difference in HOPE’s future. Contributions may be made (a bequest, stock, 401(K), life insurance) by contacting HOPE at 315-475-9675 or by mailing your gift to: HOPE FOR BEREAVED, Inc., 4500 Onondaga Blvd., Syracuse, New York 13219
2. UNDERWRITE THE HOPELINE NEWSLETTER to Grieving Families in Central New York
Each month, it costs $450 to write, edit, design, and mail the HOPELine newsletter to over 900 grieving families. If you would like to underwrite the cost of HOPELine for a month or a year, please contact Pat Kriesel at HOPE–475-9675. If you’d like, we will dedicate the newsletter in memory/honor of your loved one.
3. DESIGNATE HOPE FOR BEREAVED to receive your United Way, SEFA or CFC donations.
4. BE AN ANGEL: DONATE YOUR CAR, TRUCK, BOAT, TRAILER, MOTORHOME OR RV TO HOPE FOR BEREAVED through IAA Auto Insurance of Syracuse.
Receive a tax deduction!
IAA Auto Insurance (SMS) is accepting donations of vehicles for sale at their weekly auctions in Cicero, New York. After the sale of the vehicle, SMS sends HOPE FOR BEREAVED a check for the proceeds, less the cost of their fees. SMS provides a book value of the vehicle and makes arrangements fo pick-up at no expense to the donor. Donors, in turn, receive a receipt showing the vehicle was donated. Donors must identify the charity to which they wish the money to be donated.
For more information about this program, contact IAA Auto at HOPE, (315) 475-9675.
5. Purchase an engraved brick for the memorial path at the Butterfly Garden of HOPE. When purchased at the time of the wake, HOPE provides a framed announcement that can be displayed among the flowers. Memorial garden benches may also be purchased.
6. Purchase and give HOPE’s book, training manual and school Grief Resource Kit.
Net proceeds enable HOPE to help Central New York’s grieving children and adults.